The Missouri Morning Mystery of the Nameless Song

 

“Woman just waking up in a bright morning scene with a sleepy before‑coffee expression, a cloud of musical notes above her head, and a full coffee pot beside an empty cup.”

A satire for anyone who’s ever been musically tormented before coffee

Some Missouri mornings begin peacefully. And then there are mornings when you wake up with a song in your head that refuses to identify itself, like a classic‑rock squatter who broke into your brain overnight and won’t leave.

This was one of those mornings. 



A soft, cinematic tune definitely from The Insider, which I watched on Paramount+ the night before looped in my head like it had legal residency. No lyrics. No title. No clues. Just vibes and torment.

So I did what any musically tortured person would do before coffee: I listened to the entire movie soundtrack on YouTube, scrolling like a detective reviewing evidence in a cold case.

Nothing.

My husband tried to help. Even when I replayed the closing credits, he shrugged and said, “It’s a classic rock band from the late 1960s.” Great. That narrows it down to… roughly every band ever formed during that decade.

So the search continued.

I started Googling 1960s rock bands, and let me tell you  there are more than I remembered, and apparently they all recorded songs that sound vaguely like the one stuck in my head.

Desperate, I sent a lyrical fragment to my friend Brian because humming was not an option. I’m tone‑deaf, and this all occurred before caffeine, so the idea of recording the tune never crossed my mind.

Brian has a very specific talent: solving ridiculous problems with the intensity of someone defusing a bomb. I texted him:

“Name that song.”

He was supposed to be enjoying a quiet weekend, but the moment he read my message, he went into full forensic‑lyrics‑analysis mode. I imagined him scrolling Wikipedia, YouTube, and obscure classic‑rock forums like a man possessed.

Finally triumphant, exhausted, the lyrics and the title was revealed

The mystery was solved: “I’d Love to Change the World” Ten Years After (Remaster 2023)



 If you’re wondering why all the chaos thinking it’s only a song it’s because that’s life. Sometimes you wake up with a tune and no title, sometimes you drag your friends into the mystery, and sometimes you end up with the perfect soundtrack for dancing barefoot in the kitchen or twirling in the falling rain.

About the Author

Learn more about Susang6, the author, by exploring her other blogs and profile.

Visit Susan’s Blogger Profile

Readers top 3 Articles

What Data Centers Mean for Heart Patients in Joplin Missouri

The Connor: Joplin’s Gilded Gathering Place 1908

Eyes on Joplin: Doe and Late-Season Fawn in Silvercreek, MO

Protected Deer Except During Archery Season: Joplin Missouri

CWD Risks from Field-Dressed Deer That Look Healthy